I wanted to emphasize the name of the font, so I put that at the largest size near the top of the page. Beneath it, I created a diamond-like shape by manipulating the alignment of the text. I put shorter pieces of information at the top so they would not be unnaturally broken: year, designer, place. I aligned the year with the letters ‘ti’, adjusting the size to fit. Beneath it, designer and place are centrally aligned. Finally, for the main body, I used a justified alignment (adjusting the size to ensure there was no awkward amounts of kerning) and was sure to align the main body of the text with the edges of the main word, Optima.
This piece began with the word Optima, and the tagline ‘A humanist sans-serif typeface’. I aligned this with the stem of the letter ‘p’ and extended it to the end of the ‘a’. For the remainder of the text, I used align left and align right functions to create a diagonal shape across the board that followed the edges created by the first two pieces (Optima and tagline).
In a similar way to Option 2, the main alignment was with the stem of the ‘p’. I used the same tagline and used the end of the word ‘typeface’ to create another edge. By manipulating the alignments once more, I created a triangular piece and a diagonal piece, which I arranged to create a diagonal, river-like shape with the white space.
Here is an image depicting part of my design process: